Thursday, February 12, 2015

Behold the Wonders...Love Many Things


Quote of the moment:
"Let a smile be your umbrella, you’ll get soaked anyway.”
-Anonymous 

Blog Mission Statement.  Only half-jokingly my ambition in life has been to become the “World’s Greatest Appreciator” of the beauty and wonder around me, to be “the explorer who stayed at home,” who is  fascinated by the “common miracles” that abound everywhere.  Van Gogh, the passionate painter, said: “if you want to know life, love many things.”  I want to be a universal lover, thus a rich man, even if I have little money.  

The next thing for me to do is to share what I have learned from the learned and my own observations, and to completely loose myself in the “wonder of it all” before I run out of quotation marks and breath. Of course it is much more fun to do this with others, hence this blog. Fellow traveler let's marvel together until we merge into the “Great Mystery, until the tiny, tiny ego is gone and there is only, for a lack of a better term: “ God.”  For decades I have collected quotes, “the best stuff” I can find, especially from the mystic poets from every era and culture.  I have made it my business to gather and contemplate the words of the “wise guys” (and women) who have seen further, who make me laugh and wonder. Share your discoveries and observations, walk with me.

My earthly name is Sky, but like you, this is only part of my identity because you are part of my identity. I cannot be separate from the Universe. My separateness is only a case of mistaken identity.  My fears, which result from the illusion of separateness are gradually subsiding.  Peace comes with the merge into the Great Identity as all the sages have done.  Listen to their words for solace and wonder.

So welcome to the Vast Intelligence which is within you; (which is you). This exploration is not so much about the head, as it is listening to ones heart. It is not so much about words or concepts, but about guiding us in the direction of the Divine Source, touching lightly on the teachings of the enlightened ones and reveling in our deepest truth.

As the 12th Century poet Rumi said, "What you want is as close to you as the blood in the big vein in your neck.”  You don’t even need a computer or smartphone to listen.  But these blogs may point you in a direction toward insight, healing, humor, hope and helpful resources for you as you journey more deeply into your Our True Self.. 

Note:  I need an life outside of the computer (and you do too), so please understand that I probably will not respond to many comments to this site no matter how wonderful or critical  those comments are.  Feedback, for me. is nice and necessary but I cannot respond to all who write since I must have time for all the things I love that are not digital.

2 comments:

  1. No return comment needed.
    I will miss seeing you at Bristol RF as I retired this year from my life in metropolitan Kenosha and moved farther north.
    Like you I will spend too much time on my computer learning about the things I love,
    Many blessings to you Sky it was a pleasure knowing you for a short time
    Penny Crane
    Eyes in Disguise Mask Booth @ Bristol Ren Faire

    ReplyDelete